We investigate the effect of valve dynamics, scaffold permeability, and bioreactor length on the scaffold shear stress, and fluxes in the bioreactor. The model is extremely computationally efficient, thus we can quickly simulate its operation under different valve configurations and geometric parameters, to optimise some function of shear stress and fluxes.
Contributed Talk Session - CT06
Wednesday, June 16 at 06:45am (PDT)Wednesday, June 16 at 02:45pm (BST)Wednesday, June 16 10:45pm (KST)
Contributed Talk Session - CT06
CT06-CBBS: CBBS Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Helen Zha University of Oxford "Lubrication model of a valve-controlled, gravity-driven bioreactor for platelet production"
- Sahar Jafari Nivlouei Department of Physics, University of Coimbra, Portugal "3D Multiscale Modeling of Tumor Vascular Growth: Evaluation of the effectiveness of chemotherapy"
- Richard Foster Virginia Commonwealth University "Modeling Breathing Asynchrony in the Preterm Infant"
- Alberto Coccarelli College of Engineering, Swansea University "Computer modelling for decrypting vascular function"
CT06-CDEV: CDEV Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Tim Liebisch Goethe Universität Frankfurt "Mathematical Modelling Identifies Core Principles of Epithelial Organoid Dynamics"
- David M. Versluis Leiden University, Leiden, the Netherlands "How Oxygen and Lactose Metabolism Shape the Infant Gut Microbiota"
- Renske Vroomans University of Amsterdam, Origins Center "Evolution of selfish multicellularity"
- John Fozard John Innes Centre "Diffusion-mediated coarsening can explain crossover pattening in meiosis"
CT06-ECOP: ECOP Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Maksim Mazuryn Technical University of Denmark "Mean Field Game Model for Diel Vertical Migration"
- Jasper Croll IBED, University of Amsterdam "The effect of growth plasticity on the population dynamics of structured populations"
- Subekshya Bidari University of Colorado Boulder "Evidence accumulation models of social foraging"
- Samuel Dijoux Dept. of Ecosystem Biology, Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia, České Budejovice, Czech Republic "Invasions in simple food webs along environmental and size structure gradients: insights on exploitative competition."
CT06-EVOP: EVOP Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Matthew Edgington The Pirbright Institute " Population-level multiplexing: A strategy to manage gene drive resistance"
- Christof Mast "Heat flows adjust local ion concentrations in favor of prebiotic chemistry"
- Kalle Parvinen University of Turku, Finland "Evolution of dispersal in a spatially heterogeneous population with finite patch sizes"
- Ewan Flintham Imperial College London "Dispersal alters the nature and scope of sexually antagonistic variation"
CT06-IMMU: IMMU Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Ellie Mainou Pennsylvania State University "Investigating model alternatives for acute HIV infection"
- Christian Quirouette Ryerson University "Time to revisit the endpoint dilution assay"
- Bevelynn Williams University of Leeds "A stochastic intracellular model of anthrax infection with spore germination heterogeneity"
- Barbara Szomolay Cardiff University "Computational Identification of Cancer Immunotherapy Targets using Combinatorial Peptide Libraries"
CT06-MEPI: MEPI Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Daniel Sanchez-Taltavull University of Bern "Regular testing of asymptomatic healthcare professionals identifies cost-efficient SARS-CoV-2 preventive measures"
- Emma Southall University of Warwick "Time-of-detection: alerting upcoming critical transitions"
- Maira Aguiar Basque Center for Applied Mathematics "Modeling COVID19 in the Basque Country: from introduction to control"
- Kyle Dahlin University of Georgia " Predicting reservoirs of mosquito-borne zoonoses: Modelling interactions between temperature and pace of host life history"
CT06-MFBM: MFBM Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Miroslav Phan ETH Zurich, Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering, Basel, Switzerland "A Rejection Based Gillespie Algorithm for non-Markovian Stochastic Processes with Individual Reactant Properties"
- Elba Raimundez University of Bonn "Efficient sampling by marginalization of scaling parameters for mechanistic models with relative data"
- Aden Forrow Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford "Learning stochastic dynamics with measurement noise"
- Marco Berghoff Karlsruhe Institute of Technology "Cells In Sillico â€“ Parallel Tissue Development Simulation"
CT06-MMPB: MMPB Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Gabriella Bretti IAC-CNR "A mathematical simulation algorithm for the dynamics on cells on microfluidic chips"
- Andrew Mair Heriot-Watt University "Modelling the influence of plant root systems on soil moisture transport"
- Mohit Dalwadi University of Oxford "Emergent robustness of bacterial quorum sensing in fluid flow"
- Bente Hilde Bakker Universiteit Leiden "Cellular Potts model with discrete fibrous extracellular matrix replicates strain-stiffening"
CT06-ONCO: ONCO Subgroup Contributed Talks
- Linnea C Franssen Roche, pRED, Basel "3D atomistic-continuum cancer invasion model: In silico simulations of an in vitro organotypic invasion assay"
- Jakob Rosenbauer Forschungszentrum Jülich "In silico model of evolution in heterogeneous tumors and the influence of the microenvironment"
- Alvaro Köhn-Luque Oslo Centre for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo "Deconvolution of drug-response heterogeneity in cancer cell populations"
- Michael Raatz Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, Germany "Of slow cells and slower decline – Phenotypic heterogeneity and treatment type in cancer"